We can’t afford to sit on the sidelines.
Politics is personal.
It is not a spectator sport. It takes all of us to ensure equitable representation and it will take all of us to ensure our democracy stays intact.
And while it’s personal, here at Oliver Russell, we’re making it professional and doing our part to elevate Get Out The Vote efforts, something our whole team is passionate about. We were contacted by MaCher, a fellow B Corp, who encouraged us to join them in supporting “Shape Up the Vote,” an incredible nonprofit working to turn barbershops into voter engagement hubs across America. In 2016, for the first time in 20 years, African American voter turnout for our presidential election declined. Shape Up the Vote aims to reverse this trend by engaging, educating, and empowering the Black vote by activating the unique community network of barbershops that spans the country, and we are HERE FOR THAT.
We want to be sure that every voice is heard at the ballot box to help build an America we can all be proud of, and we know you do, too.
Our planet, our communities, our most vulnerable friends and neighbors need us to step up and into the game. We owe certain, forward-minded action to future generations, now more than ever.
Join us in taking action today:
- Figure out your own plan to vote as a baseline.
- Encourage others to vote as a next step.
- Support your team in exercising their right to vote by facilitating time off to do so.
- Use your influence, platform, and social media channels to empower and encourage voters. Challenge other businesses and leaders to do the same.
- Activate your platform with Get Out The Vote messaging – RIGHT NOW.
- Provide resources that help make voting accessible such as Rock the Vote, Vote.org, When We All Vote, and Vote Save America.
- Support local candidates to encourage voting up and down the ballot.
- Donate to organizations like Shape Up the Vote who are doing the groundwork in communities to Get Out The Vote.
- Contribute where you can. Your skills, your time, your energy, your hard-earned cash – whatever you have in abundance, now is the time to share.
Your business has power and influence. So do you. Use it.
Our Democracy only works when its citizens are engaged. Our vote is our voice, it’s more than a civic duty, it’s a powerful tool for change. Let’s be the change we want to see in the world. VOTE.